Hear from our CEO about how La-Z-Boy is committed to deliver a sustainable and Inclusive future for its customers and employees.
Our unrelenting commitment to producing high-quality, comfortable furniture is what differentiates La-Z-Boy Incorporated in the marketplace. But that’s not all.
For nearly 100 years, we’ve committed to do right by our customers, our consumers, our employees, our shareholders, and the planet. This year I am happy to announce that we have published our inaugural environmental, social and governance (ESG) report. I’m proud to share how our continued investments into sustainable products, a healthy planet, and a values based culture are driving results – even in today’s unpredictable and dynamic landscape. Our intentional commitment to agility allows us to rapidly evolve in response to changing consumer preferences, a high-demand environment, and the needs of the planet and our people.
Our commitment to sustainability, diversity, equity and inclusion, and strong corporate governance is key to the future of La-Z-Boy. When we say we Deliver Sustainable Comfort, we mean it. Most recently, we set ambitious goals and achieved historic milestones that will propel our sustainability program into the future.
- We set an ambition to reach net-zero emissions by 2050 and took concrete actions to begin reducing our carbon footprint in pursuit of our goal. For example, we established a virtual power purchase agreement (VPPA) to help us address the carbon footprint of more than 90% of our current total annual U.S. energy consumption.
- We added and improved training processes to help us scale quickly in the safest way possible while delivering products that live up to the La-Z-Boy name.
- We launched the Supplier Inclusion Program, which seeks to ensure inclusion is a component of every product we make.
- I personally signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge to accelerate the cultivation of an inclusive and trusting workplace.
- And, we donated a combined total of $2.7 million to non-profit organizations and to communities where we operate through La-Z-Boy Incorporated and the La-Z-Boy Foundation. In 2027, La-Z-Boy Incorporated will celebrate 100 years as a business leader.
Corporate responsibility is a foundational part of our Century Vision strategy to build the La-Z-Boy of tomorrow that can, and will, endure for many years to come. Our goal is to grow our brands sustainably and provide our consumers with an exceptional end-to-end experience. I am delighted to lead La-Z-Boy Incorporated during this time of significant growth, impact, and opportunity. I’m committed to serving our business through our core values of Courage, Curiosity, and Compassion, while working together with our stakeholders to bring the transformational power of comfort to life.
Melinda D. Whittington President and CEO